What are cookies?
Which cookies are used on the Site?
The Site uses all of the above mentioned types of cookies in order to: operate the Site and for the provision of the services, understand and improve the user's browsing experience, as well as send you advertisements in line with your preferences when surfing the web and use other types of cookies. We can divide the various types of cookies into:
- technical cookies, i.e. browsing or session cookies which are strictly necessary for the operation of the Site or to allow you to take advantage of the content and services requested by you; functionality cookies, i.e. used to activate specific Site features and a number of selected criteria (e.g. language, products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided and analytical cookies, including third party cookies, which allow us to understand how you and other users use the Site;
- advertising cookies, including those from third parties, i.e. cookies aimed at creating profiles related to the user and used in order to send you advertisements in line with your preferences expressed while surfing the web;
- social network cookies are third party’s cookie (i.e. Facebook) that allow your interaction with the social network. These cookies collect navigation data which may be associated to your social account.
Advertising and social network cookies are activated and used by the Site only if you give your prior consent for such use. Third party cookies, i.e. cookies from websites or web servers other than karl.com, are also used for purposes specific to these third parties. Further details of the cookies used on the Site are as follows:
How to enable or disable cookies
You can choose to accept only technical cookies, accept all cookies or manage your preferences in theCookie Center on your first visit by clicking on the respective buttons located in the banner at the bottom of the homepage. You can also confirm or modify your consent at a later date by accessing the Cookie Center from the appropriate link found in the footer of the site. Please remember that:
- since technical, functional and analytical cookies (including those of any third parties) are strictly necessary for the functioning of the Site or to use the content and services requested, it is not possible to disable this type of cookie, as this would compromise the correct functioning of the Site or the use of its content and services;
- not authorizing advertising or social network cookies (including those of any third parties) will not affect the operation of the Site.
The choices you make with regard to the Site's cookies will in turn be recorded in a special technical cookie, the characteristics of which are shown in the cookie table. This cookie may, in some circumstances, not work properly. In such cases, we recommend that you delete unwanted cookies and inhibit their use via your browser settings. Your cookie preferences will need to be reset if you use different devices or browsers to access the Site or delete cookies from your device.
Last updated on March 2021